Friday, April 6, 2012

A shout out to Lively Letters

Today I'm posting about my favorite phonics program, Lively Letters or Reading with TLC. (find more info here http://www.readingwithtlc.com/) For any special ed teacher out there, this is a great and easy program that will get your students motivated!


A few years ago, I bought myself the teachers manual and a starter letter kit for myself as a resource. I had three students who just weren't latching on to our school phonics and reading program.  At first I was nervous. But honestly within days, some students who had tried several other approaches to reading were finally starting to learn their letters! I was amazed. It is a multi-sensory approach to reading. It has several levels of cueing so that students make connections to letters and their sounds. I do so much with this program everyday in school. My students have loved it time after time. They especially love the CD of letter songs that goes with the program. I still use it - yes even in my sub-seperate classroom. I really think that every student can learn how to read.


I'm not normally online writing reviews, but I had to share a great product that has helped me and so many kids in so many ways. If you are getting stuck with teaching phonics and reading, check it out!


524643_380007012034057_120263398008421_1233924_1379618626_n.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment